Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

3 wishes...

" power gives you the ability to do what you want, when you want"

when i was a young girl, busy with my barbie dolls, i wondered whether i would ever be granted 3 wishes by any available genie. much to my dismay, it's been 22 years and none from the "Genie syndicate" seem to be free to listen to my wishes...

so, i decided to take matters into my own hands, to put it fancily.. i decided to empower myself with the ability to make those wishes come true..

what happens when you are short? or to put it in a non offensive way, "vertically challenged" ? 

nothing much, just that you find yourself to be at the receiving end of most jokes.., literally looked down upon.. and the worst of it all.. placed in  front of the school assembly queue. so day after day i had to pretend to devoutly pray to all the gods, while sister mary alice looked at me from the stage. after almost 7 years of this, i decided to use the skipping rope. it was touted to be the magic potion for growth, after 3 painful months i decided being short is "the new tall". but miracles do happen and when i was 13 i grew taller.. the puberty fairy had finally arrived. after the summer vacations i returned to class with my head held high (pun intended). ahh.. my silver dreams were murdered soon, it seemed that my "puberty fairy" had granted wishes to most of my classmates too. end result? following the "law of relatives" i ended up in the front row again...

what happens when you are dark complexioned?

nothing much, just that you find yourself to be the centre of attraction of all fairness cream promotional offers going on in the mall, where you visited with your "fairer" cousins. so there it was in black and white, i would never get my shining knight, if i didn't fall prey to "garnier light".  after some "hey blacky "and related comments from my "enlightened" peers., i finally gave in. a pack of garnier light cream was bought. according to the company, regular usage would make me "glowing and white". so.. after 7 days of usage i finally discovered, fairer skin.. my skin had horrible reactions and the outer layer peeled off to reveal the lighter skin underneath. cheers... my parents had not only gifted me dark shade genes, they packaged it with a promo offer of hyper sensitive skin too!

what happens when you put on weight?


nothing much, just that you find your young niece asking you to model for her elephant painting.
weight is not just fat accumulated in your body.. it's weight on your mind, piled on gram by gram by the snigger's you hear, the stares you get...
after intense gym workout and controlled diet the body has lost the weight ..but the mind has not.
if my jeans feel slightly tighter than usual, i get into a panic mode! sleepless nights and painful days.
so after reading that only 2% of the women in the world are happy about the way they look, i realized i am not the" fat minority" but just another woman.


so...my wish to become taller, thinner and fairer has come true..


how?


i am tall because i believe, "you grow tall when the handsome men bend down to stare into your eyes"


i am fair because i know "that dark skin elicits desire and exudes class"


i am thin because i realized, " curves are back..."





2 comments: